How Can an Atlanta Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyer Help You?
A traumatic brain injury can cost an individual or family millions in medical care alone over a lifetime. In order to afford the treatment you need, and make up for the cost of lost income and independence, your best course of action may be a personal injury lawsuit.
A traumatic brain injury (TBI) is a type of brain injury that occurs when a violent blow or jolt to the head or body damages the brain tissue. A mild TBI, such as a concussion, may affect your brain cells temporarily, but a severe TBI can have permanent effects on your physical, cognitive, emotional, and social functioning. Both may require legal action to address your losses.
If your brain injury was caused by the negligent actions of another, you should not bear the cost of this harm alone. A lawsuit can help you access funds for high-quality medical treatment, secure dignified long-term care, and ensure financial security for your family.
The Atlanta traumatic brain injury attorneys at Fried Goldberg have won numerous multi-million dollar results for our clients with traumatic brain injuries, including concussions. Whether your injury was the result of a truck accident, workplace harm, or another form of negligence, we are fully prepared to represent your best interests.
Contact Fried Goldberg at our Atlanta headquarters by calling (877) 591-1801 as soon as you’re able. Read on for more information about TBI settlements and the services our lawyers provide.
What Kind of Settlement Can an Atlanta Brain Injury Lawyer Secure For You?
The potential damages in a traumatic brain injury lawsuit may include:
- Economic damages such as medical bills for past and future care, or lost wages and job-related benefits like health insurance. Special needs can also be addressed here, like home modifications for long-term changes to your mobility.
- Non-economic damages such as pain and suffering, emotional distress, or the loss of enjoyment of life. These types of injuries do not typically come with receipts like economic damages often do, but they are nevertheless real and recognized by the court.
- Punitive damages if the other party acted with shocking indifference to safety, as may be the case in accidents caused by driving under the influence from a repeat offender. These are funds charged to punish the other party which a judge may then award to you as additional compensation.
The value of a traumatic brain injury lawsuit depends on various factors, including the severity of your injury, the impact the injury had on your life, the liability of the defendant, and the insurance coverage available.
Your Atlanta brain injury attorney from Fried Goldberg can fully evaluate your case and give you a clear picture of your options and the types of funds you may be entitled to for your losses.
One study from Northwestern University has placed the average lifetime costs of TBI treatment at between $85,000 and $3 million. Your lawyer will factor in lost income, psychological injuries, and other costs when arguing for a fair, robust, and meaningful settlement for you and your family. Contact Atlanta brain injury attorneys at Fried Goldberg for your free legal consultation by calling (877) 591-1801 as soon as possible.
What Kind of Accidents Do Atlanta TBI Attorneys Handle?
The Atlanta TBI lawyers at Fried Goldberg can represent you after brain injury accidents such as:
- Truck, car, bus, and motorcycle accidents: Fried Goldberg is nationally recognized for our work in commercial truck accident litigation, as well as other motor vehicle collisions that cause head trauma, brain injury, or spinal cord injury.
- Workplace and construction accidents: For dangerous jobs involving heavy machinery, scaffolding, or perilous terrain, our attorneys can help you negotiate worker’s compensation claims and potentially sue for hazardous working conditions.
- Premises liability cases: If you’re injured by a slip and fall accident, by unsafe building construction or maintenance, or due to insufficient security at a public or rental property, we can represent your best interests in a lawsuit to recover your losses.
- Other personal injury matters: Personal injury law covers many situations involving negligent harm, including dog or animal attacks, various forms of assault, and pedestrian and bicycle accidents.
- Wrongful death cases: If the incident which caused your loved one’s traumatic brain injury caused or contributed to their death, you may be able to sue for economic matters like their loss of income, as well as emotional matters like the irreplaceable loss of their companionship.
This is not an exhaustive list — if your accident or circumstance doesn’t match the above practice areas, we may still be able to help you. Call us at (877) 591-1801 or reach out to us online for a free professional evaluation of your potential case. The more information you have about your legal options, the better choice you can make for your future.
Traumatic Brain Injury Results from Fried Goldberg in Georgia
- $52 million for a teen who suffered a severe brain injury when a tractor-trailer ran a stop sign in Atlanta, Georgia.
- $37.5 million in Rockdale County, Georgia for a young adult who suffered catastrophic physical injuries and a TBI when his vehicle struck a tractor-trailer that was improperly stopped in the interstate middle lane.
- $20 million in a case where a tractor-trailer ran a red light and hit a car, leaving a man with permanent brain damage along with other injuries in Cobb County, Georgia.
What Does an Atlanta Concussion Injury Lawyer Do For Your Case?
In service of your case, the Atlanta concussion attorneys at Fried Goldberg may:
- Assess your case and its worth based on how serious your injury is, how it affects your life and work, and how much your medical bills and future care costs are likely to be.
- Collect proof that the other party was responsible for causing your injury, such as police reports, witness statements, medical records, and the opinions of accident reconstruction experts.
- Communicate with the insurance company or the defendant’s lawyer to reach a reasonable settlement that pays for your damages and losses.
- Sue in court if a settlement is not possible or if the offer is too low.
- Represent you at trial and argue your case to a judge or jury using convincing evidence presentations and powerful testimony.
Brain injury litigation is extremely complicated and requires the counsel of an experienced TBI attorney. By empowering a traumatic brain injury lawyer from Fried Goldberg to act on your behalf, you can minimize and often eliminate the work associated with pursuing a lawsuit from your tasks. It’s your attorney’s job to build and pursue a legal case, not yours — your time is better spent focusing on your health and the well-being of your family.
TBIs often don’t display symptoms right away, so it’s important to seek medical treatment after any head injury. This helps prevent avoidable worsening of the injury, and also helps in establishing evidence of your injury for any future insurance claim, settlement negotiation, or trial verdict.
Contact Atlanta Traumatic Brain Injury Attorneys
The reality of a traumatic brain injury can be devastating, not only interrupting a person’s ability to control their body, but also their ability to speak and retain their memories and sense of self. A brain injury caused by negligence is one that could have been prevented. Your choice to pursue a lawsuit can help secure the compensation you need to recover, and also hold others accountable for such a harmful lack of care.
At Fried Goldberg, we have a team of attorneys who are experienced in handling complex cases involving commercial trucking accidents, and all the injuries associated with such collisions. Injuries involving the neck, head, and brain are some of the most common associated with large vehicle crashes. That means we have the experience necessary to interpret your medical information for negotiation or trial in ways that the court can recognize and compensate.
Contact Atlanta traumatic brain injury lawyers by calling (877) 591-1801. The sooner you secure representation, the sooner you can relief in knowing your case is progressing under the guidance of proven attorneys. This assurance frees you up to return to your life while justice is pursued.
Frequently Asked Questions
Should I accept an insurance payout for a traumatic brain injury?
You should not accept a settlement without first consulting a lawyer who specializes in traumatic brain injury cases. Your attorney will help you consider both your current and future medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages when deciding whether to accept a settlement or negotiate a higher amount to cover the true cost of your losses.
Can I sue on behalf of a loved one incapacitated by a traumatic brain injury?
In some instances, yes, certain family members have the right to pursue a lawsuit on behalf of their incapacitated loved one. Examples include filing a claim on behalf of a child or spouse. However, the laws associated with this form of guardianship vary from state to state, so it’s advised that you reach out to a local attorney with the details of your situation.
Can Fried Goldberg represent me if I live outside of Atlanta, Georgia?
In many instances, yes, the attorneys at Fried Goldberg can represent you if you are not local to Atlanta or Georgia. We have won brain injury cases in Florida, North Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, and as far away as California. If you were injured in Georgia but live in another state, or if you think Fried Goldberg is the ideal firm to represent you, contact us at (877) 591-1801 to discuss your details — we may be able to offer representation, co-counsel, or refer you to trusted colleagues in your area.
How long do I have to file a traumatic brain injury claim in Atlanta?
In Georgia, you have 2 years from the date of the incident that caused a traumatic brain injury to file a lawsuit against the person or entity responsible. This rule is called a statute of limitations, and it varies between states.
While these rules are usually quite strict, there may be some exceptions, such as if you were exposed to a toxic substance that caused your brain injury and were unaware of the injury until it was formally diagnosed. These exceptions are extremely rare — reach out to Fried Goldberg online or by calling (877) 591-1801 right away to ensure you do not miss your one window for justice.
Proudly Serving Atlanta Residents
The Truck Accident Attorneys
The Truck Accident Attorneys at Fried Goldberg LLC devote at least 75% of their caseload to representing the victims of accidents involving tractor trailers and other commercial vehicles. Our extensive experience with the laws governing the trucking industry is the reason we are routinely successful at taking on trucking companies when someone is seriously injured.
Get a Free Case Evaluation
The Truck Accident Attorneys
The Truck Accident Attorneys at Fried Goldberg LLC devote at least 95% of their caseload to representing the victims of accidents involving tractor trailers and other commercial vehicles. Our extensive experience with the laws governing the trucking industry is the reason we are routinely successful at taking on trucking companies when someone is seriously injured.
Table of Contents
Negligent Hiring, Entrustment, or Retention
Actions Against Insurers for Negligent Hiring
Negligent Inspection, Maintenance, or Repair
Violations of Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations
Commercial Driver’s License (“CDL”) Manual
Get a Free Case Evaluation
Use the form to send your message to a lawyer at our firm. One of our experienced attorneys is prepared to speak with you. Consultations are free and confidential.
Get a Free Case Evaluation
"*" indicates required fields
Our experienced attorneys have represented individuals who have been seriously injured. We are proud of the outstanding reputation we have within our industry and our track record of success, which sets us apart. In particular, we have recovered nearly $1 billion for our clients throughout the country.