When you or a loved one has been the victim of a trucking accident, seeking compensation for your suffering and expenses differs from that of a regular car accident. Based on the details of the case, your attorney may decide to file claim against the truck driver, the trucking company or both.
A truck accident can result in physical, emotional and financial damage that lasts far beyond the initial accident. Although the first priority is to get medical care for your injuries, it is important to understand and exercise your legal rights and the steps it takes to sue a trucking company. Contacting an attorney may be the best way to help get your life back on track so you can move past this ordeal.
Many states have a statute of limitations when it comes to filing an accident claim. Our law firm has over 50 years of combined experience handling truck accident lawsuits. We fight for our clients and have secured multi-million dollar settlements and verdicts on their behalf. Let us help you, too.
Your Right to Compensation
Filing a claim is a way to seek justice for the injuries you have sustained as a result of a trucking accident. A successful judgment can result in compensation that can help pay for:
- Medical expenses, including emergency room visits and post-accident care
- Property damage
- Wages you lost because you were unable to work
- Pain and suffering
This may alleviate financial stress as you fully recover from your injuries.
Claim Preparation, Step-By-Step
Step 1: Note all relevant contact information from the driver of the other vehicle or vehicles involved in the accident, including truck company and insurance information. Take photos of the accident and damage to your vehicle.
Step 2: Request the police report and keep all medical records, as well as receipts of any expenses associated with your injuries.
Step 3: Contact a truck accident attorney to help guide you through the process. Our law firm’s investigative team will retrieve the proper documents necessary, but the more information you have when we open your file, the better.
If you were immediately transported to the hospital for care, we understand you may not have been able to collect information at the scene of the accident. Once you decide to hire an attorney to pursue a claim, we can seek any pertinent information. Part of our job is to make this process as easy as possible for you. We understand the hardships you are facing.
These are only the basics of preparing a trucking accident case. Each claim is different and requires detailed records, medical summaries and a full investigation into the cause of the accident and damage that occurred as a result.
- Amazon Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer
- Lawyer for all types of Truck Accidents
- Truck Accident and Statistics
Contact The Truck Accident Attorneys
Trucking accidents claims are more nuanced than a car crash lawsuit. Truck drivers and trucking companies must follow rules regarding proper logbook documentation, maximum drive time per work week and full safety checks of equipment. They are held liable when injuries occur as a result of a violation of these regulations.
You need an attorney who knows the trucking industry and understands what it takes to achieve a successful outcome. Our decades of legal experience has been focused on the specifics of state and federal trucking regulations and we will fight for the full value of your claim.
Trucking cases represent 75 percent of the work we do here at Fried Goldberg, LLC. We know these cases. Contact our law firm today for your free case evaluation. There is no obligation.
- Rear-end Accidents Involving Semi Trucks
- Injured in a Trucking Accident?
- Proposed Motorcoach Safety Bill
- Truck Accident, Negligent Hiring
- Co-Counsel and Referring Attorneys
- Semi Truck Overturns on South Carolina Highway
- Truck Accidents in Savannah
- Tractor Trailer Accidents in Augusta
- Albany Truck Accident Lawyer
- 10 Deadliest Highways in United States
- Tractor trailer had followed regulations | Accident
- Werner Enterprise Semi Trailer Burns
- Two Semi Trucks Involved in 15 Car Pileup on Florida
- Semi Truck Head On Collision in Monterey
- Rear-End Accident in North Carolina
- Tractor Trailer Flips Near Athens AL
- Bus Accident Near Atlanta