FedEx Truck Accident Lawyer
For live statistics on the number of accidents and injuries associated with FedEx Corporation trucks, see the interactive map on our Safety Statistics page.
Why Do You Need a FedEx Truck Accident Lawyer?
FedEx slogans have included “We Live To Deliver,” “The World on Time,” and “Relax, it’s FedEx.” Their transport vehicles are all over the country and the world, and if one of their trucks injures you or your loved one, you can’t just relax — you have to make sure someone is on your side to hold them accountable.
The truck accident attorneys at Fried Goldberg LLC sue large companies like FedEx on behalf of injured motorists when drivers or dangerous company policies are responsible for an accident.
Read on to learn about FedEx’s crash statistics, and what to do when you need to file an injury suit against a massive motor carrier like FedEx. Reach out for representation online or by calling (877) 591-1801. You need not be intimidated with Fried Goldberg on your side. We’ve proven liability for huge trucking companies before, and we do it time and again to secure the compensation our clients deserve.
FedEx Corporation is an e-commerce and transportation company that owns the largest air cargo fleet in the world (over 670 airplanes). They handle over 19 million packages and monitor over 125 million tracking requests every day. Previously known as Federal Express Corporation and FDX Corporation this multinational conglomerate holding company is based out of Memphis, Tennessee.
What Is the Average Settlement in Truck Accident Cases Against FedEx?
There is no one number that can accurately describe an average settlement in truck accident cases involving FedEx. This is because each case is considered on its own merit, and the final payout or verdict addresses the costs and losses of the individual.
However, here are the main compensation areas that may be addressed by a FedEx injury lawsuit:
- All medical bills and treatment costs for injuries and follow-up care
- Your lost wages and job-related benefits like raises, health insurance, or forfeited time off
- The pain and suffering you’ve experienced, whether physical, psychological, or emotional
- Additional “punitive” damages aka “punishment” fees if a judge decides to charge the wrongdoers in your case more (often done in extreme cases of recklessness or bad behavior)
- Wrongful death expenses for the surviving loved ones of a person who died due to a FedEx truck accident, including their lost earnings and the loss of their unique companionship and support
The settlement or verdict you could receive would be based on an accounting of your losses and an expert-generated projection of your ongoing care costs and needs. Your attorney from Fried Goldberg is the one who builds your case and documents the receipts — your sole priority is to heal and get your life back on track.
The work of a lawsuit is your lawyer’s job, not yours. We hire expert witnesses, we make phone calls to obtain medical records and receipts, and we prepare the argument needed for negotiation or trial, all on your behalf.
What Happens When FedEx Hits Your Car?
The first steps to take after any crash with a car, truck, or commercial vehicle is to seek medical attention and secure your personal effects (your vehicle, possessions, and identifying documents like ID and insurance proof). After you are home from the accident or stabilized in the hospital, your next steps should be:
- Hire an attorney: Your lawyer can quickly inform you of your rights, advise you of the next steps to take, and begin filing the paperwork for a lawsuit before any relevant deadlines arise.
- File an insurance claim: Before you agree to any offer from an insurance representative, consult with your lawyer first. Initial offers are often on the low end and may not account for all of the compensation you’re entitled to receive.
- Find resolution: Many truck accident cases with large companies like FedEx settle out of court or before a trial completes. The best way to secure a comprehensive settlement as quickly as possible is to rely on the experience of proven attorneys in the truck accident realm.
Aft your medical needs are met, an attorney can help you with every subsequent step after an accident. This includes making a report to the police and gathering witness statements and other documented evidence from the crash site before it is corrupted by time, weather, or clean-up.
Empower a lawyer from Fried Goldberg to handle the requirements of building an accident case against FedEx. Your time is better spent healing, resting, and returning home to your life and your loved ones.
Are FedEx Drivers Insured?
Yes, FedEx drivers carry insurance for their cargo and for crashes and injuries up to $5,000,000 for each of its business automobiles, including vehicles for:
- FedEx Ground
- FedEx Freight
- FedEx Logistics, Inc.
- FedEx Trade Networks Transport & Brokerage, Inc.
- FedEx Custom Critical
- FedEx Supply Chain Distribution System, Inc.
- FedEx Office
- FedEx Corporation
- FedEx Express
- FedEx Services
- ShopRunner, Inc.
While $5 million sounds like robust coverage to some, the cost of the potentially catastrophic injuries associated with freight trucks and delivery vehicles can be astronomical. A traumatic brain injury, for example, may require lifelong full-time care.
Fried Goldberg has achieved multi-million dollar verdicts for our injury and wrongful death clients, including a $52 million result for a traumatic brain injury after a tractor-trailer crash. These amounts can be used to improve healthcare access, secure financial stability, and hold families together through the turmoil of tragic truck accident injuries.
Why Do FedEx Trucks Crash So Much?
Some of the leading avoidable reasons that commercial and freight trucks crash are due to unsafe company policy and driver errors. Causes of FedEx truck crashes include:
- Driver fatigue due to impossible quotas and unsafe limits on hours of service
- Excessive speeding due to the pressure of making deliveries on time
- Faulty equipment including internal monitors and brakes that aren’t being thoroughly maintained in order to cut costs
- Distracted driving — for instance, if the driver is using their phone while operating the vehicle
- Intoxicated driving due to truck drivers’ unsafe (and in some cases illegal) use of stimulants to stay alert
When a trucking company’s sole incentive is the bottom line of profits, real people can be seriously hurt. The severity of truck accident injuries can forever alter lives, causing permanent disability and even death. Your lawsuit could help hold these corporate behemoths accountable for their destructive decisions. By pursuing your case, you create real incentive for trucking companies to do better for their employees, and for the other innocent drivers and passengers on the road.
Call Fried Goldberg at (877) 591-1801 to seek justice for yourself, and potentially help save the lives of other individuals and families just like you.
Contact Fried Goldberg to Go with the Pros
Suing a multi-national conglomerate like FedEx can seem intimidating for the average man, woman, or family, but it’s not impossible. In fact, when you entrust experienced commercial truck accident attorneys like those at Fried Goldberg, we manage the case from start to finish.
Laws exist to protect your rights and ensure that you are compensated for the harm done to you. Corporations like FedEx are not above the law.
Reach out to the Atlanta, Georgia offices of Fried Goldberg at (877) 591-1801 for a free, confidential consultation — our attorneys have nationwide reach when it comes to truck accident lawsuits, and we will help you and your family get to the other side of this roadblock.
FedEx Truck Accident FAQs
How is fault determined after a FedEx truck accident?
Determining fault is an extensive evaluation process that may include:
- Witness statements and the police report: Such first-hand, on-the-ground evidence can be crucial when making determinations in court.
- Physical evidence: Visible evidence from pictures or video, as well as tangible evidence like components of the vehicles, may be considered when deciding a settlement amount or verdict.
- Documentation: Receipts, maintenance and movement logs, phone records, schedules, and other forms of paperwork can be highly important for building a case. They can help show the direct link between failures/oversights and the injuries caused by your accident.
When all of these elements are considered in one holistic view, it makes fault and ultimate payout possible to determine fairly.
Are FedEx truck drivers responsible for damages?
It depends; if the driver was partially or largely responsible for the accident, then he or she may be held personally liable for their actions. This could include instances where the driver breaks company policy and causes a wreck due to their insubordination.
However, FedEx still has a responsibility to thoroughly vet responsible drivers, and properly train, monitor, and manage them when they are on the job. A settlement or damages award may be divided between the individual party and the company to reach a fair payout.
How long does it take to settle a FedEx commercial truck accident lawsuit?
There is no one answer to the average timeline of a truck accident lawsuit. It could take anywhere between several months to multiple years. Rest assured, however, that your attorney from Fried Goldberg is fully aware of your need to resolve this incident and move on. We will always act to pursue the justice you need as quickly as possible, while making sure that your case is thoroughly examined and all responsible parties are identified.
Regardless of how long it takes, our experienced truck accident attorneys will be by your side for the long haul, working to secure the full results you are entitled to under the law.
How long do I have to file a lawsuit after a FedEx truck accident?
The “statutes of limitations” or filing deadline for beginning a lawsuit after a trucking accident varies from state to state between 1-6 years. These timelines are very strict: if you miss your opportunity to file, you may miss your one chance for fair compensation.
The statute of limitations for truck accidents in Georgia, where Fried Goldberg is headquartered, is 2 years from the date of the incident. That being said, we handle nationwide truck accident cases independently, with co-counsel, or by referral as needed. If you have questions about your legal options after a FedEx crash no matter where you are in the U.S., we encourage you to contact us right away at (877) 591-1801 for a free, fully confidential consultation.
The Truck Accident Attorneys
The Truck Accident Attorneys at Fried Goldberg LLC devote at least 75% of their caseload to representing the victims of accidents involving tractor trailers and other commercial vehicles. Our extensive experience with the laws governing the trucking industry is the reason we are routinely successful at taking on trucking companies when someone is seriously injured.
The Truck Accident Attorneys
The Truck Accident Attorneys at Fried Goldberg LLC devote at least 95% of their caseload to representing the victims of accidents involving tractor trailers and other commercial vehicles. Our extensive experience with the laws governing the trucking industry is the reason we are routinely successful at taking on trucking companies when someone is seriously injured.
Table of Contents
Get a Free Case Evaluation
Use the form to send your message to a lawyer at our firm. One of our experienced attorneys is prepared to speak with you. Consultations are free and confidential.
Get a Free Case Evaluation
"*" indicates required fields
Our experienced attorneys have represented individuals who have been seriously injured. We are proud of the outstanding reputation we have within our industry and our track record of success, which sets us apart. In particular, we have recovered nearly $1 billion for our clients throughout the country.