Why Do You Need an Atlanta Whiplash Lawyer?
Whiplash injury can be a painful and debilitating condition that can have a significant impact on your life. If you or a loved one has suffered a whiplash injury as a result of someone else’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation for your damages and losses.
Whiplash can result from car crashes, workplace accidents, slip and falls, and sports injuries. The pain from whiplash can radiate up and down the body, causing migraines, back pain, and difficulty walking. Whiplash injuries that are not properly treated by a doctor and the appropriate amount of rest can cause persistent, chronic pain that harms your ability to work and live your life to the fullest.
Our experienced team at Fried Goldberg understands how serious a whiplash neck injury can be. We are dedicated to helping those who have suffered whiplash injuries pursue justice and recover the compensation they deserve.
Located in Atlanta and with extensive experience in car and truck accidents, our personal injury lawyers are here to help. Read on for what a whiplash settlement or verdict could mean for your family, and what kind of cases we can handle on your behalf. If you’re ready for proven legal representation, call our offices at (877) 591-1801, or reach out to us through our confidential online form. Our attorneys are here to do the work of collecting evidence, calculating damages, and negotiating the settlement you deserve — all while you heal in peace.
Title: Joe R. Testimonial | Car Accident Neck Injury | Fried Goldberg
Caption: Hear our client Joe R. recount his car accident neck injury case experience with Fried Goldberg.
What Kind of Settlement Can an Atlanta Whiplash Attorney Help You Secure?
A whiplash attorney can help you recover compensation for:
- Medical expenses: This includes the cost of any medical treatment you received for your whiplash injury, and any follow-up doctor visits, diagnostic tests, and physical therapy.
- Lost wages: If you were unable to work as a result of your whiplash injury, your attorney can help you recover lost wages or lost earning capacity.
- Pain and suffering: This includes compensation for the physical pain and emotional suffering you experienced as a result of the whiplash injury.
- Property damage: If the accident that caused your whiplash injury also caused damage to your vehicle or other property, your attorney can help you recover compensation for those damages.
- Other expenses: Your attorney can also help you recover compensation for any other expenses related to your whiplash injury, such as transportation costs or home healthcare expenses.
It’s important to note that every case is unique, and the specific settlement amount will depend on the circumstances of your accident. However, with the help of a skilled whiplash attorney, you can increase your chances of securing a fair and just settlement — roughly 91% of personal injury cases pursued with legal counsel result in a settlement, while only 51% settle when individuals file lawsuits by themselves.
What Kinds of Accidents Can an Atlanta Whiplash Injury Attorney Handle?
At Fried Goldberg, we handle many of the most common types of accidents that cause whiplash injury, including:
- Car, truck, and motorcycle accidents: Rear-end collisions are the most common cause of whiplash injuries. However, whiplash can also occur in other types of car accidents, such as head-on or side-impact collisions caused by distracted or fatigued driving.
- Workplace injuries: Ladder falls, tripping over exposed cords, and accidents in company vehicles or on job sites may be eligible for worker’s compensation and additional insurance claims.
- Falls: Falling down stairs at public or residential premises (like an apartment complex), or slipping on a wet floor at a retail store can cause a sudden jolt to the neck and result in whiplash injury.
- Sports injuries: Whiplash can occur in contact sports, such as football, rugby, or hockey, where collisions can cause sudden jolts to the neck. This can happen to professional athletes, adults in sports leagues, or children in school-related play.
- Recreational injuries: Rollercoaster or amusement park rides can cause whiplash injuries, as can lake/ocean sports, dune buggy accidents, backyard trampoline falls, and other activities.
This is not a complete list — if you suffered whiplash from an injury not listed here and need legal help, contact our Atlanta offices directly at (877) 591-1801 right away. We can advise you on your rights, and potentially begin representing you right away.
Important note: It’s essential that you seek professional medical attention if you experience any symptoms of whiplash after an accident (see FAQs for more information). Prompt treatment can help prevent complications that may impact your spine, brain, or long-term mobility going forward. Your medical records can also serve as crucial evidence later when we need to negotiate the strongest possible settlement for your care.
What Does an Atlanta Whiplash Injury Lawyer Do for Your Case?
Here are some of the things an Atlanta whiplash injury lawyer from Fried Goldberg can do for your case:
- Advise: A whiplash injury lawyer can explain your legal rights and options, and help you understand the legal choices you have and their potential outcomes at each stage of your case.
- Investigate: Your lawyer can conduct a thorough investigation of the accident that caused your whiplash injury, gathering evidence such as police reports, witness statements, and medical records.
- Calculate: Your lawyer can help you calculate the damages you suffered as a result of the whiplash injury, including medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and any other unique matters like harm done to a marriage (loss of consortium).
- Negotiate: Your lawyer can negotiate with the insurance companies involved in your case, and make demands to secure a substantial settlement rather than accept a lower offer.
- Litigate: If a fair settlement cannot be reached through negotiations, your lawyer can represent you in court. This may involve presenting your case to a judge or jury and arguing for a favorable verdict.
Overall, a whiplash injury lawyer can provide valuable legal support and guidance, helping you navigate the complexities of personal injury law to achieve your most favorable outcome.
Contact Proven Atlanta Whiplash Lawyers
Studies suggest that each years, millions of people in the United States sustain a whiplash injury, and between 25-43% of them will suffer long-term, chronic symptoms. With enough funds for proper care, you may avoid persistent pain. If you do have long-term injuries, your settlement should cover treatment for as long as necessary to heal at your body’s own pace.
At Fried Goldberg, we understand the physical, emotional, and financial toll that a whiplash injury can have on your life. That’s why we are committed to providing compassionate and robust legal representation to clients who have suffered a whiplash injury as a result of someone else’s negligence. Our verdicts and settlements show a proven history of multi-million dollar results for neck fusion and upper spinal cord injury cases.
We have the knowledge, experience, and resources to help you pursue a successful personal injury claim. Our team of skilled lawyers will work tirelessly on your behalf, investigating the accident, calculating damages, and negotiating with insurance companies to secure a fair settlement. If necessary, we are also prepared to represent you in court, fighting for your rights and advocating for a favorable verdict. Contact us in Atlanta today at (877) 591-1801 to schedule a free consultation and learn more about how we can help you with your whiplash injury case.
Atlanta Whiplash Lawsuit FAQs
What are the most common symptoms of whiplash?
Whiplash is a neck injury that occurs when the head is suddenly jerked forward, backward, or to the side, causing the neck to move beyond its normal range of motion. Symptoms of whiplash can include neck pain, stiffness, and reduced range of motion, as well as headaches, dizziness, and fatigue.
Can I sue a person or company for my whiplash injury?
In many instances, yes, if your whiplash injury was caused by someone else’s negligence, you may be able to file a personal injury claim. This is true for cases against an individual or a business/company to hold them accountable for compensation.
What evidence is needed to prove a whiplash injury claim?
Evidence that can be used to prove a whiplash injury claim includes medical records, police reports, witness statements, and photographs or video footage of the accident. Your lawyer can collect and even demand (via subpoena) evidence on your behalf.
How long do I have to file a whiplash lawsuit in Georgia?
The statute of limitations for filing a personal injury claim varies by state, and in Georgia that deadline is up to 2 years from the date of the accident that caused the injury. If you do not bring legal action before that deadline, you could lose all rights to the compensation you would otherwise have deserved.
Proudly Representing Atlanta Residents
Get a Free Case Evaluation
The Truck Accident Attorneys
The Truck Accident Attorneys at Fried Goldberg LLC devote at least 95% of their caseload to representing the victims of accidents involving tractor trailers and other commercial vehicles. Our extensive experience with the laws governing the trucking industry is the reason we are routinely successful at taking on trucking companies when someone is seriously injured.
Table of Contents
Get a Free Case Evaluation
Use the form to send your message to a lawyer at our firm. One of our experienced attorneys is prepared to speak with you. Consultations are free and confidential.
Get a Free Case Evaluation
"*" indicates required fields
Our experienced attorneys have represented individuals who have been seriously injured. We are proud of the outstanding reputation we have within our industry and our track record of success, which sets us apart. In particular, we have recovered nearly $1 billion for our clients throughout the country.